Calling all word nerds!
We’re hiring a web-savvy wordsmith to help us run our online programming for the 2020-21 school year. Until further notice, this position will be completely remote, with all interviews, meetings, etc. taking place online.
Check out the details below, and don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions!
Job Title: CURL Student Web Assistant
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2020
End Date: April 30, 2021
Direct Supervisor: Deanne van Tol, Coordinator, Teaching & Research
Hours per Week: 5
Rate of pay: Minimum wage
Application due date: August 26, 2020
The Centre for Undergraduate Research Learning (CURL) is seeking a part-time student assistant to provide support in coordinating and managing upcoming online CURL activities, especially during conference season (November- December and March-April). Duties would include organizing and proofreading student conference submissions, contacting students to collect late or incomplete materials, scheduling social media posts, and other online tasks as required.
- Must be registered at Huron University College as an undergraduate student in a minimum 60% course load (40% course load for students with disabilities).
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- Enthusiastic about undergraduate research learning
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to organize time, meet deadlines, and communicate barriers
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with faculty, peers and the public
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve goals
- Experience conducting and/or supporting research in the humanities or social sciences
- Experience with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of online accessibility features would be considered an asset
- Eligibility is based on financial need. As part of your application process, complete a financial profile with Jane Parker (email@example.com)
Please forward a letter of interest, a resume, and the name of one academic and/or professional reference to: Deanne van Tol, Coordinator, Teaching & Research (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications are due August 26, 2020.