CURL is looking for an undergraduate student assistant! If you’re interested in expanding opportunities for undergraduate research, building your resumé, and making a little extra money, we want to hear from you!
Job Title: CURL Student Assistant
Start Date: October 15, 2019
End Date: April 30, 2019
Applications due: September 30, 2019
Direct Supervisor: Deanne van Tol, Coordinator, Teaching & Research
Hours per Week: 5
Rate of pay:Minimum wage
The Centre for Undergraduate Research Learning (CURL) is seeking a part-time student assistant to serve as a program ambassador and to provide support in coordinating and managing upcoming CURL activities. Duties would include promoting CURL on campus, offering peer mentoring to incoming CURL students, and providing logistical and administrative support for CURL conferences (November 28 and April 3).
- Must be registered at Huron University College as an undergraduate student in a minimum 60% course load (40% course load for students with disabilities).
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- Enthusiastic about undergraduate research learning
- Ability to raise awareness about research opportunities with CURL to peers through public presentations and informal conversation
- Detail-oriented with an ability to organize and plan events
- Experience conducting and/or supporting research in the humanities or social sciences
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with faculty, peers and the public
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve goals
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Must complete financial profile with Jane Parker (email@example.com) to determine financial need.
How to Apply
Please forward a letter of interest, a resume, and the name of one academic and/or professional reference to: Deanne van Tol, Coordinator, Teaching & Research (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications are due September 30, 2019.